Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pumpkin Brown Sugar Muffins

Another fall type recipe! I just can't get enough of these lovely flavors (and hey, autumn is so short, may as well get as much out of it as I can :)).

This is also another one of my, use-whatever-I-have-left-in-my-cupboard kind of recipe. Luckily it turned out scrumptious (this is not always the case). They are nice, little, dense and filling muffins full of lots of pumpkin spice flavor. 

This weekend was super busy, but I was able to take some time and go on a refreshing morning run with my lovely friend. What started out as just a nice morning exercise unexpectedly turned out to also be a discovering the beauty in Tennessee expedition. 

Since moving here I haven't really looked for a whole lot to like about it (the landscape, weather, and city that is). However, in this little park I discovered beautiful fall images that brought me so much joy! And as I looked closer at each of these lovely, familiar, colorful things, I looked closer at my new home, and discovered it's beauty as well. Sometimes it takes awhile to appreciate the place where God has lead you to. I think if we just remember that there is a reason behind why we end up in a place (even if it is just a temporary stop on our journey), we can appreciate the beauty in life anywhere we go, and be thankful. 

Here are a few images from that run and below that is my muffin recipe :). 





Pumpkin Brown Sugar Muffins

Preheat oven to 400 F, grease a 12 cup muffin tin (you only need to grease 10 of the 12)

Ingredients:

1/2 cup milled flax seed
1/2 cup organic pure buckwheat flour (which is gluten-free, so no worries)
1/2 cup almond flour
1 cup pumpkin puree
3/4 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking powder

Directions:

First in a KitchenAid or a mixing bowl, pour in the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Mix together on low speed for 2-3 mins or until thoroughly combined. Next, add in the flax, buckwheat, and almond flour. Mix that into the pumpkin mixture until combined. Then add in the spices and salt. Mix completely. Last, mix in the baking powder (do not over mix).  Spoon out batter into muffin tin making sure the batter comes to the top of each hole (fills 10 holes). Place the pan into the oven and bake for 25 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle of one of the muffins). Let cool for 5 minutes before taking out of pan. Drizzle some honey on top for an extra little sweet kick. Enjoy!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and feedback! :)