Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookie Pillows

My husband loves cookies. Actually, he just really loves any kind of sweet thing. Which can get both of us into trouble because I love baking any kind of sweet thing! It makes for a great pairing of me baking and him eating, but it does not lend to a very good teeth-not-getting-cavities friendship. So, I am trying to come up with some not as sweet but still sweet cookie recipes. Here is one that I came up with tonight using what ingredients were in my cupboard and fridge. (A lot of my recipes recently are using gluten free oat flour, this is not because I particularly prefer oat flour to other flours, it is just because currently that is the only flour in my cupboard and I have yet to go shopping for more flours...however, I am discovering some great recipes using it :) ). I really wasn't too sure what to call these. They look like little cookies crossed with scones. They taste like banana bread cookies/muffins. I am deciding to call them cookie pillows because I like the word "pillow" and just really wanted to use it in the title of a recipe :) .  These are sugar-free, gluten-free and dairy-free but not flavor or yummy-free.  They are good with green tea, milk, and just eating by themselves, but not good as actual pillows..so don't try sleeping on them. Just eat them.



Banana Chocolate Chip Cookie Pillows

Preheat oven to 350 F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper, makes 9 cookie pillows

Ingredients:
2 mashed bananas
1 egg
1 cup gluten free oat flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
In a mixing bowl, mash the two bananas together (I usually just use a fork to do this). Add in the egg and the vanilla into the mashed bananas, mix completely. Next add in the cinnamon and stir into the banana egg vanilla mixture. Then add in the flour, baking soda, and baking powder, mix thoroughly (do not over mix). Last, add in the chocolate chips and mix in evenly. Spoon out the batter onto the baking sheet with a regular kitchen spoon, space out the cookies evenly on baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the cookies have puffed up and are golden brown on top. Take out of oven and let stand for 3 minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling rack. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!






























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and feedback! :)