Saturday, November 2, 2013

Melty Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ever since I stopped eating gluten I have been searching for a good chocolate chip cookie recipe. All my recipes always ended up turning out more muffin or cake-like than cookie-like. I guess I just needed to be persistent with my cookie experimentation, because I  can now give to you my success! Finally :)

I hope this cookie recipe turns out as amazing for you as it did for me. Make sure to use parchment paper (not wax or aluminum).

These go great with tea (I had mine with a yummy cup of scottish heather black tea, tastes like scotland...minus the haggis, kilts, and hairy cows...)
They would also be delicious with a nice cold cup of almond milk (or whichever you prefer) or a big mug of hot chocolate.

Whatever you decide to pair them with (or just eat them stand alone) I hope you get as much enjoyment out of their buttery chocolate yumminess as I do. :)


Melty Chocolate Chip Cookies

Preheat oven to 350 F , line a baking sheet with parchment paper, makes about 18 cookies

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter (softened, not melted)
1 cup gluten free oat flour
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
A dash of cinnamon (I kid you not, it was a last minute addition so I did not measure it out...I just threw a "dash" in...not a tsp that is for sure)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet, you can use milk or dark if you like that better)

Directions:

In a KitchenAid mixer or mixing bowl add together the butter, sugar, and vanilla. Cream together on low until all the butter and sugar lumps are smoothed out. Add in the egg and mix on low until incorporated. Next add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and the dash of cinnamon (do not over mix). Last add in the chocolate chips and make sure they are evenly added throughout the dough.

Place the bowl in the fridge for about 30 mins to let the dough harden (because after first mixing it is very soft and buttery). Take dough out after the 30 mins and use a regular tablespoon to scoop out cookie dough and roll into little balls and then pop them on the baking sheet. Place on middle rack in oven and bake for 10 mins or until tops and edges of cookie are a nice darker golden brown color. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack to completely cool or just transfer them to your mouth and enjoy the ooey gooey cookie-ness.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and feedback! :)